[Blindmath] What to do when a US college DS office refusestoprovide braille when requested

Amanda Lacy lacy925 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 22:51:54 UTC 2011

Agreed! Now we have a procedure to follow instead of making guesses.

I also have a question. Does it state in the law that the Braille has to be
readable or that staff producing it must know Braille and be trained to
produce it? The other response I've gotten at OSD has been to agree to
deliver the Braille. They will not say WHEN the Braille is to be finished.
After a few months, a very small piece of it is presented that is unusable
because no one working on it knew Braille or how to proofread and make sure
lines are not running into one another. If this scenario plays out again,
will the regional ADA center know how to handle it?

Thanks for the info.
Amanda