[Blindmath] US ADA National Network and other entitities

Susan Jolly easjolly at ix.netcom.com
Wed Jul 20 04:04:20 UTC 2011

Birkir,

I copied this from the ADA Network site.
"The ADA National Network informs, explains and helps individuals and
businesses expand their knowledge and understanding of the ADA, rather than
enforcing compliance, which is the role of the EEOC and the Department of
Justice."

My guess is that the reasons my experts suggested starting with the ADA
Network is because in their experience this approach can sometimes lead to
resolving problems without the need to file a complaint.

As you pointed out OCR, which is the Office of Civil Rights at the
Department of Education, is responsible for enforcing ADA laws in the area
of education.

"The mission of the Office for Civil Rights is to ensure equal access to
education and to promote educational excellence throughout the nation
through vigorous enforcement of civil rights."
http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/aboutocr.html

Here is the state-by-state OCR contact information.
http://wdcrobcolp01.ed.gov/CFAPPS/OCR/contactus.cfm

Here is the information about filing a complaint.
http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/complaintintro.html

Susan