[Blindmath] JAWS 12 not able to read MathPlayer Installation Check Page

mike chen m11chen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 11:37:14 UTC 2011

Hi,

I thought I might ask here if anyone else has experienced this.

I will be using MathPlayer in the Fall for my engineering courses, but I am having some trouble setting up a working environment to read MathML contents.  I downloaded and installed MathPlayer 2.2, but when I tried to open the MathPlayer Installation Check page with IE8, JAWS12  is having some trouble rendering the page content.  The URL is:
http://www.dessci.com/en/products/mathplayer/check.htm

As soon as I visit the page above, JAWS refuses to read all subsequent webpages visited by IE8.  I can tab through the pages, but nothing is spoken by the screen reader.  Does MathPlayer support 64-bit JAWS, since I am running 64-bit Windows 7?

Thanks for any help.

Sincerely,
Michael