[Blindmath] JAWS 12 not able to read MathPlayer Installation Check Page

Neil Soiffer NeilS at dessci.com
Wed Jul 20 16:22:44 UTC 2011

MathPlayer is a 32 bit DLL/plug-in to 32 bit IE.  MathPlayer won't work with
64 bit IE, but even on a 64 bit OS, 32 bit IE is the default as very few
plug-ins are compatible with 64 bit IE.  So it seems likely you are using a
32 bit IE.

Since JAWS is talking to a 32 bit IE, there shouldn't be anything special
about MathPlayer being inside of it and standard MSAA calls that JAWS make
to MathPlayer *should* continue to work fine.  However, we have never tested
that.  I would bring it up with Freedom Scientific as it would be a bug on
their end if it didn't work -- there's nothing we can do about it.

Sorry to pass the buck along, but the problem lies elsewhere,

Neil Soiffer
Senior Scientist
Design Science, Inc.
www.dessci.com
~ Makers of MathType, MathFlow, MathPlayer, MathDaisy, Equation Editor ~