[Blindmath] can visually impaired people study math in higherlevel?

Christine Szostak szostak.1 at osu.edu
Thu Jul 28 13:48:10 UTC 2011

Hi Iqbal,
  Since you also mentioned science, I will add my two cents here for what it
is worth and say that blindness also is not a limitation for doing science.
I am working on my doctorate, studying psycholinguistics a sub-field of
Cognitive Science that requires the ability to  combine Psychology,
Linguistics, Physics, anatomy/physiology, and behavioral neuroscience in
order to make successful scientific discoveries. Also, since it requires the
use of statistics and graphing, it also provides further support for Sarah's
comments.

  Welcome to the list.
many thanks,
Christine