[Blindmath] can visually impaired people study math inhigher level?

Iqbal Hosen iqbalrtbd at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 05:46:10 UTC 2011

hi,
we have no resources so to say. we have not enough braille text books. let
alone computers. some NGO's sometimes supply with books, or some braille low
quality equipments and those are our resources for our students. some old,
broken or low quality tailor frames, abacuses are the only resources for
math.
we have sixty-four resource teachers posts. but there are only 34 resource
teachers are existing. about half of them are sighted and rest are visually
impaired.  sighted resource teachers are ignorant or negligible to blind and
the visually impaired resource teachers are not capable of doing math. among
the visually impaired 14 resource teachers only three are interested in math
and i have a computer with internet connection. and so i am lucky.

sorry for describing you miserable math condition in our country. i expect
advice from anyone that can be helpful for our math  improvement.
regards. iqbal
resource teacher.