[Blindmath] Emotional speech synthesis for numbers

Christine Szostak szostak.1 at osu.edu
Fri Jul 29 12:57:27 UTC 2011

Hi,
  This may be an ignorant question, but what is a "emotional speech
synthesis system for numbers"? I am assuming it is one that can produce
natural prosidy such as stress patterns, phoneme duration, and intonation,
which to some extent JAWS outputs. Given this,  I was cureous in what way
this will help with numbers since other than some stress-patterning
differences, there should really not be too many changes in prosody...
many thanks,
Christine
Christine M. Szostak
Doctoral Candidate
Language Perception Laboratory
Department of Psychology, Cognitive Area
The Ohio State University
Columbus, Ohio
szostak.1 at osu.edu