[Blindmath] Biology - Expressing Formulas

Kevin Chao kevinchao89 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 04:38:28 UTC 2011

I'm taking a Biology 101 summer course, which started Tuesday, May 31.

I've ran into some issues with lecture portion, which I'll outline.
* formulas - elements/compounds, such as H2O
* Greek Symbols, sigma,
* arrow pointing to right, arrow pointing to left and right, long
arrow point to right with short to left,
* superscripts and subscripts
Issue I'm having with these different points is the ability to express
them with iOS devices (iPhone 4 and iPad 2), Apple bluetooth keyboard,
Plain Text, and VoiceOver as primary for this week.
I have iWork Pages, Notebooks, Text Writer, and other productivity
apps, which may do trick, more powerful, and look forward to your
recommendations.
As a last resort, I have a Windows 7, Office 2010, and JAWS/NVDA

I'm interested in what advise do you have.

Thanks,

Kevin