[Blindmath] MyMathLab

cnsbaker at access.k12.wv.us cnsbaker at access.k12.wv.us
Mon Jun 6 12:14:14 UTC 2011

A high school student I work with did an on-line college algebra course this past fall. Sadly, the majority of the material was inaccessible for them. I was constantly embossing the lessons, labs, reviews, tests, the exam, and even units from the textbook for them.

While we had ordered the textbook a full year and a half before the course was to be taken it was not ready when the course began and therefore was only available for the first few weeks.

Knowing the issues with the accessibility of math courses for college students that is why we chose to have the student enroll during their senior year in high school. We were able to access the sites and have materials ready before they were assigned so the student could concentrate on the learning part of each lesson instead of stressing over how they would get their assignments and staying up with the course.

Connie

"Happiness is an attitude.  We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong.  The amount of work is the same."   Francesca Reigler