[Blindmath] Nemeth symbol question

Caryn Navy caryn at duxsys.com
Fri Mar 4 08:03:17 UTC 2011

Hello Sarah.

The dots 246 symbol is used to represent a comma in a subscript or superscript, along with a possible space that follows the comma in print. In your example the subscript is 0 comma T, possibly with a space after the comma in print.

If you have a copy of the Nemeth Code rule book (The Nemeth Code for Mathematics and Science Notation, 1972 Revision), you can look up dots 246 and other symbols in Appendix B, Index of Braille Symbols, located in Volume 4. The .brf files for the five volumes are available at the BANA website www.brailleauthority.org, under Publications.

All the best,
Caryn