[Blindmath] math tools

Neil Soiffer NeilS at dessci.com
Sat Mar 19 16:02:05 UTC 2011

Peter,

You left off MathPlayer[1] from your list -- it is a free plug-in for
Internet Explorer that works with lots of assistive technology[2]  to
generate speech for math. It is widely used in the US[3].

We are going to release an international version of MathPlayer near the end
of April.  It has support for about 12 different languages.  The
translations were done by volunteers and we are interested in supporting
more languages.  If you would be interested in doing a translation to
Hungarian, please contact me.

The languages we think we will have support for in MathPlayer are:
English
German (could use some additional work -- volunteers?)
Greek
Spanish
Danish
French
Italian
Finish
Swedish
Norwegian
Icelandic
Dutch
Japanese
Chinese

If anyone on the list would like to do a translation to a language not on
that list, please contact me.  Translations take between one and three
weeks, depending on your speed and on how complete a job you want to do for
the very long list of Unicode math characters.  There is only fame and glory
in doing a translation -- no fortune.

     Neil

[1] www.dessci.com/en/products/mathplayer/manual.htm
[2] www.dessci.com/en/solutions/access/atsupport.htm
[3] accessiblemath.dessci.com/2011/01/mathplayer-usage-takes-off.html