[Blindmath] accessible math packages

Birkir R. Gunnarsson birkir.gunnarsson at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 22:16:06 UTC 2011

Joe

R in command line mode is probably your best option for these types f
things at the moment.
I used to use software called Gauss, about 10 years ago, that did a
remarkably good job with regressions, matrices and such, but it was,
like I said, 10 years ago, back when Matlab 6 was pretty accessible.
SPSS pre version 15 is pretty accessible, post Java switch, not really.
This is all on Windows.
I would suggest you take a look at R, to begin with.
Excel is remarkably accessible, and some things it does pretty well,
but matrices and vectors, not so much, though you can trick it into
doing all sorts of things.
Cheers
-Birkir