[Blindmath] Hello

Birkir R. Gunnarsson birkir.gunnarsson at gmail.com
Thu May 5 22:53:44 UTC 2011

Hi

TeXNic Center seems to be relatively accessible, at least with Jaws,
once you have turned the "screen reader users" setting on (under
tools).
This is just a TeX editor/compiler/debugger.
The downside to using an editor like that, to me, is that one has to
mark up the text itself using TeX, which is great for scientific
reading but can be a bit cumbersome when embedding a few math formulas
inside a larger non-scientific document.
For that using MathType with Word, in TeX mode (you can input formula
in MathType using TeX and you can convert all MathType formulas inside
a Word document to TeX by selecting the text and using alt-backslash)
is a decent option that allows you to write the text in easy-to-use
Word, but paste in TeX formulas for the math content, or type them in
directly.
There is a Wiki book on LaTeX that Michael Waples, a member on this
list, pointed people to at last year's ICCHP.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/LaTeX
hth
-Birkir