[Blindmath] Somewhat positive yet disappointing press release

Patti Mitchell patti at 4dewitt.com
Thu May 26 19:32:50 UTC 2011

Is Jaws using something else?

-----Original Message-----
From: blindmath-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:blindmath-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of Neil Soiffer
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2011 3:08 PM
To: Blind Math list for those interested in mathematics
Subject: Re: [Blindmath] Somewhat positive yet disappointing press release

We would like as many screen readers as possible to be part of this work.
Freedom Scientific did not want to participate in the grant, GW Micro did.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you want math support in your
AT, you need to make it very clear to your AT vendor that if they don't
support math well, you'll use a different product that does.

Neil Soiffer
Senior Scientist
Design Science, Inc.
www.dessci.com
~ Makers of MathType, MathFlow, MathPlayer, MathDaisy, Equation Editor ~

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 10:30 AM, Jose Tamayo <jtblas at hotmail.com> wrote:

> In the press release below, JAWS is not mentioned at all.  This is
> such a significant press release yet a market player such as JAWS is
> not even mentioned, any reason?
>

> http://www.dessci.com/en/company/press/releases/110524.htm
>

> http://www.
>
> dessci.com/en/company/press/releases/110524.htm

> http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindmath_nfbnet.org/neils%40des
> sci.com

http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindmath_nfbnet.org/patti%404dewitt.c
om