[Blindmath] Another test of matrix accessibility

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Tue Nov 22 17:13:53 UTC 2011

Michael,

Window-Eyes with Internet Explorer 8 reports the first table as having Four rows and three columns.  With table
navigation keys, I can move across the rows and up and down columns.  Since this is an HTML structure, I wonder
why VoiceOver sees this differently.  This is the kind of thing that gets so frustrating when trying to come up with ways
of making things accessible.  In this case, it isn't a big deal since the first example is not the preferred one, but one
would think screen readers would all see tables the same way, although I suppose it could be the web browser.
Interesting.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson