[Blindmath] SPSS 19 and JAWS

Ian Perrault iperrault at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 29 17:10:31 UTC 2011

    I wouldn't make the switch. Unfortunately, SPSS 19 is completely
inaccessible with JAWS 13, Windows 7, and a 64-bit operating system. Since
IBM now runs SPSS, I called them and we spent almost this whole semester
trying to get it to work, and a bunch of prior posts on this list also said
that it simply doesn't work. I also e-mailed Freedom Scientific and asked
them to get JAWS scripts for all future versions of JAWS and SPSS, since
this program is more and more common for students. So hopefully soon Freedom
Scientific and IBM will work together and make it accessible.