[Blindmath] creating an accessible review mode for SVG Draw 01

Pranav Lal pranav.lal at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 14:25:59 UTC 2011

Hi all,

Now that we can draw things, I guess it is time to turn our attention to
reviewing what we have drawn.  I like the stack of shapes idea however, that
doesn't truly give me a representation of what my drawing is like.  I still
have to do a lot of work in my head.  To avoid some of this, I am wondering
if it is worth creating a mode where the SVG file would be broken into a
stack of shapes but the stack would not be rendered in a list box.  Instead,
I would have the mouse and as I move the mouse over the drawing, the shape
under the mouse would be spoken. This would become very simple if done on a
laptop touchpad or netbooks touchpad.  For desktop users, we could probably
just use the mouse but I'm not sure how well this approach will work in that
situation.

Pranav