[Blindmath] [The vOICe] Interpretting large drawings with SVG Draw 01

Richard Baldwin baldwin at dickbaldwin.com
Sat Oct 15 14:35:51 UTC 2011

Here is a procedure that should work technically, although I'm not certain
that a human could endure examining 3000 individual paths under the best of
conditions.

Sometime this weekend, I will publish the latest version of SVGDraw01. Among
the new features will be a feature that allows you to check a box to mark
all of the shapes in the drawing for rotation, translation, scaling, or
deletion. That part isn't new. It has been there for several weeks. What is
new in the new version is that you will now have the ability to selectively
un-mark shapes before applying the action.

For example, you could mark all of the paths for scaling and then un-mark
one or two of interest. Scale the marked shapes by 0.0 and save the drawing
under a different file name. That drawing would contain only the shapes that
you have un-marked. (Actually, the others would still be in the SVG file
with a scaling transform of 0.0, but they wouldn't show up when you display
the file.) You could do what you please with that file, such as display it
in Firefox or the free IVEO viewer and then examine it with the vOICe.

Dick Baldwin

--
Richard G. Baldwin (Dick Baldwin)
Home of Baldwin's on-line Java Tutorials

Professor of Computer Information Technology
Austin Community College
(512) 223-4758
mailto:Baldwin at DickBaldwin.com
http://www.austincc.edu/baldwin/