[Blindmath] JAWS and MathPlayer issue in IE9 RE: MathType and JAWS

Maria Kristic maria6289 at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 19 22:47:48 UTC 2011

I thought that this issue affected both 32 and 64-bit versions of Windows? I
am referring to the problem where JAWS is not reading MathML content in
XHTML files in IE9 with MathPlayer 3 installed because JAWS' code hasn't
been updated to support IE9's new support of CSS3 namespaces? If that is
what you're referring to as one of the 64-bit issues, , I thought that that
affected both versions of Windows?

It is not yet resolved. Eric Damery gave an online presentation about JAWS
13 a couple of days ago, and I asked him whether they had been contacted by
Design Science about this yet? He told me that, as far as he knew, they had
not, and he asked me to send him the info about this. I sent him a
paraphrased summary of the info that had been compiled here late last month
and early this month (giving credit to Neil and this list, of course). I
also expressed my view in that message that this was a major problem. I CCed
DS Support on that message, just to make sure that we were all on the same
page. I didn't mention anything in that message about it being specific to
32 or 64-bit systems because I didn't get the impression from the list
discussion that this issue affected just one flavor. Am I wrong? Eric
replied to me today to tell me that this was going to be escalated to the
right developers for feedback on the problem, so I'm hoping that means it
will be resolved soon.

Thanks!

Best,
Maria