[Blindmath] Hello All

Depountis, Vicki vicki.depountis at ttu.edu
Sun Oct 23 03:12:22 UTC 2011

I'm preparing a survey for my dissertation topic to find out what high-technologies are being used in secondary school to facilitate learning advanced mathematics for students who are blind. The technologies may be used by students, classroom teachers, teachers of students with visual impairments, or transcibers. In preliminary investigations, I've found that many secondary school teachers are not using high-tech so I need some direction on who to send the survey to. I know there are students who are blind (I'm focusing on non visual braille readers), who study math in college and learn teahnology somewhere along the lines. I hope to find the high school teachers who work do use technology.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks so much!

Vicki