[Blindmath] Question about Minitab

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Mon Oct 24 21:39:37 UTC 2011

Some versions of Minitab work all right, but some have reported here that the latest version is less
friendly.  In addition, there are some challenges accessing software through Citrix.  You will probably
need to run a screen reader on the computer that actually has Minitab, and there may not be interest in
doing that for stability reasons.  I would strongly recommend that if you will only be using MiniTab as
part of one class that you work with a reader to deal with the screens thereby letting you concentrate
on the class material.  You might be able to do some of the tasks in Excel, but you would probably be on
your own since the materials you will be studying may be tailored for Minitab.  I know this answer does
not deal with whether the law is being violated, and you may need to decide if you want to try to change
the policy or whether you just want to get through the class.  That can sometimes be a difficult choice
to make.  However, learning to work with someone to look at the screen for you is a good skill to
develop.  This sort of situation can come up on the job where time constraints don't permit much
experimenting and where the law doesn't apply.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson