[Blindmath] Running R in 32/64 bit mode

Jonathan Godfrey a.j.godfrey at massey.ac.nz
Wed Oct 26 03:50:34 UTC 2011

Hello,

We've moved on so the subject line has altered...

I have to admit that I have no experience in using the 64 bit mode.
The installer doesn't give me the option of course as my machines are all 32
bit.

There is one problem I am working on with the operation of R under Vista and
windows 7 which is more a screen reader problem than an R issue. The
behaviour of jaws when you switch between windows sometimes jams things up
altogether.  I hadn't put any time into checking things out as there was no
demand to do so and other tasks have taken my attention.

If you go ahead with serious intent of using R then I will be able to
provide some work arounds to avoid the problem entirely. Most are documented
already in the notes I recommended. (link provided earlier).

Jonathan