[Blindmath] MathML: JAWS does not render greek symbols or minuses and NVDA doesn't render any formulae/symbols

Kevin Chao kevinchao89 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 16:09:33 UTC 2012

Yes, with IE8, MP2.2, and JAWS 12:
All other aspects of formula and symbols are working as expected.

Aside from checking in Programs and Features and Design
Science>MathPlayer website, is there a way to check of MathPlayer is
installed and is working properly? It doesn’t show up as a process in
task manager, in IE add-ons, or anywhere to show that it is actually
running.

We are not using MathPlayer 3.0 due to it being a preview/beta, made
specifically for IE9, and wanted to get rid of one variable to
debug/troubleshoot.

I am trying to view the XML MathML locally. The URL points to my
Public Dropbox folder, which contains the zip archive.

Provided that I am trying to view the source locally, can you please
point me to the specific local security setting that I need to change,
which will allow this XML with MathML to render properly with NVDA and
JAWS?

I am not sure what was used to author the MathML, but I will check
with our production team and will see if it was Word with MathType.

I am not trying to view the docx, but the XML in IE8, MP 2.2, and NVDA 2012.1

Thanks,

Kevin