[Blindmath] A general thought...

Ryan Hemphill ryanhemphill.email at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 00:20:41 UTC 2012

I have just been 'invited' to a general discussion set up by Google called
'Take Action' where people are discussing a lot of internet issues out
there.  When I noticed this, I put down some things that I thought ought to
be covered from an accessibility point of view in Rich Internet Apps,
something that I am pretty passionate about.

Then I realized something.  While I have been tracking new content that
shows up on the internet through a feature in Google called 'Alerts' (great
product by the way), one of the things that I had been looking around for
was accessibility issues related to Math on the web for the blind.  I have
not seen a single thing show up.  Period.

Point is, I find it very disconcerting that no one is talking about this
topic.  I'm going to be adding alerts now that are more general towards
Blind math issues, but I thought it would be something worth discussing a
little.  Might even be something that could be a call to action.

What do you guys think?

Ryan

--

Shipping is a Feature...Perhaps the Most Important Feature.