[Blindmath] Doing Calculus Exam

Duong Tuan Nam tuannamduong at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 04:03:33 UTC 2012

Dear Tim,
Thanks for your explanation,
I will talk to you on Skype soon.
(My skype Name is duongtuannam1992).
My timezone is UTDC+07. What is yours?
Nam
----- Original Message -----
From: "Tim in 't Veld" <tim at dvlop.nl>
To: "Blind Math list for those interested in mathematics"
<blindmath at nfbnet.org>
Sent: Friday, April 13, 2012 8:01 PM
Subject: Re: [Blindmath] Doing Calculus Exam

Nam,
Braille display:
When equations are complicated, they just become too long to have them
read and memorize them. Not to mention that solving the equations with
only speech output is extremely difficult and you're very likely to
introduce errors in the process. The consensus is that you'll need
either braille on paper or on a braille display if you want to have any
hope of successfully dealing with mathematical equations, and even if
you have this it is extremely challenging to avoid making mistakes when
solving long equations. You just lack the overview other students get
visually.
As Ryan mentions, Mathtype from Design Science could help you if your
professors write a lot of equations in word equation editor. Mathtype
will convert Word equations to lateX which is readable for blind users.

I have a few other tips for you but no time to write this all down; if
you want we can talk on Skype (my skype name is timveld).
Tim

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/**options/blindmath_nfbnet.org/**tim%40dvlo
>>> p.nl<http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindmath_nfbnet.org/tim%40dvl