[Blindmath] Crazy question about Braille 'writing'

Ryan Hemphill ryanhemphill.email at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 00:44:29 UTC 2012

Okay, as my subject states, I've got a seemingly crazy/sane question about
Braille.

Since Braille is composed of 6 to 8 dot 'characters', it would seem logical
to me that if someone wished to do math by writing out their equation -
would it not be possible or reasonable to have a hardware device that has 6
button sets that are the right size for fingers in the same arrangement
that the user could physically write the Braille characters?  I would see
this, in my opinion of course, to be very helpful - especially in Math.
 Some of the best thinking I've done has involved physical (not typing,
mind you) handwriting.  Is there a device out there that has this
one-to-one relationship that I'm talking about, and if so, is anyone using
such a thing for Braille Math?  Granted, I could see it being slower, but
in a case like Braille Math - slowing down to write it yourself as opposed
to typing it would make a lot sense.

Ryan

--

Shipping is a Feature...Perhaps the Most Important Feature.