[Blindmath] Help with Algebra 1 student requested

Joseph Lee joseph.lee22590 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 17:10:06 UTC 2012

Hi,
I think using Notepad or simple text editor
would be the best way to go.  And for equations involving this
kind of operation (like moving one variable to other side), I
recommend that he try parentheses around it like this:
-3x+2y = 12
(-3x+3x)+2y = 3x+12
(2y/2) = (3x+12)/2
 So in effect, by using parentheses, he'd know which is dividing
which.  This gets really useful when we go into systems of
equations, as it allows visual (and tactile) view at which
variables are being substituted for which and other things.
Cheers,
Joseph