[Blindmath] Help with Algebra 1 student requested

Richard Baldwin baldwin at dickbaldwin.com
Tue Feb 7 17:41:03 UTC 2012

Not being blind, and never having taught a student at this level, I have no
credibility to comment on this topic. As is often the case, however, I
won't let that stop me.

I want to comment on the posting by Joseph Lee. If you decide to take that
route, (which I think is a good one) I recommend going all the way and
learning the syntax of a simple programming language such as JavaScript.
Using such a syntax will almost guarantee against ambiguity.

Also, it will help the student to learn to think logically and make it
possible for the student to check his or her work using a JavaScript script
or the Google calculator.

Dick Baldwin

--
Richard G. Baldwin (Dick Baldwin)
Home of Baldwin's on-line Java Tutorials

Professor of Computer Information Technology
Austin Community College
(512) 223-4758
mailto:Baldwin at DickBaldwin.com
http://www.austincc.edu/baldwin/