[Blindmath] A 3d to 2d description resource?

Pranav Lal pranav.lal at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 17:21:19 UTC 2012

Hi Michael,
<snip Are you sure you have never encountered a picture of a tree in a 2D
representation? The VOICE uses a 2D representation from what I know (stereo
headphones, left and right, vertical position pitch in sound). So you tell
us what a tree is like in 2D compared to the act of feeling it.
PL] I was thinking more about this question. Let us consider a glass on a
table.  When using the vOICe, I can see the full glass. However, when that
same glass is drawn on paper, I will only see a rectangle. How does this
happen?

I now understand how that glass becomes a rectangle when drawn on paper but
I am trying to distinguish between this and what I see with the vOICe.

I hope I am making sense.
Pranav