[Blindmath] graphics

Joseph Drenth joe.drenth at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 01:15:16 UTC 2012

Hello Haden,

If you don't have a specific monitor and resolution to use for measuring a
graphic, a general conversion factor in Windows programming is 96 pixels per
inch. For instance, for the old CRT monitors that had a viewing area
measured diagonally as 13 and a third inches, this conversion ratio would
yield a resolution of 1024 by 768, which was a common resolution for a
monitor of that size.

Using this standard display resolution, just multiply a pixel measurement by
the fraction with numerator 1 inch and the denominator 96 pixels. This means
that your example graphic of 100 by 150 pixels would be a little over an
inch by a little over an inch and a half.

Best regards.