[Blindmath] Creating graph and charts

Richard Baldwin baldwin at dickbaldwin.com
Wed Feb 29 19:39:22 UTC 2012

Since Susan wrote: " If you want to go high tech, perhaps Excel with a
Tiger to emboss your
graphics? Others chime in here," I will chime in on the high tech side.

If the student understands Cartesian coordinates and has access to a Tiger
or any other embossing system (such as swell paper) that can print the
contents of a FireFox page or an IE 9 page, she can draw and emboss
anything she can imagine using the program named SVGDraw01 that is
available for free downloading from

http://www.austincc.edu/baldwin/SWT-SVG/SVGDraw01.zip

I like to describe SVGDraw01 as a 21st century version of an old fashioned
graph board (push pens and rubber bands) on steroids. The thought process
for usage is similar to or essentially the same as drawing on a graph board
using physical objects such as push pens and rubber band but the embossed
results are permanent, can be submitted as homework, and can be saved in a
scrap book..

Dick Baldwin

--
Richard G. Baldwin (Dick Baldwin)
Home of Baldwin's on-line Java Tutorials

Professor of Computer Information Technology
Austin Community College
(512) 223-4758
mailto:Baldwin at DickBaldwin.com
http://www.austincc.edu/baldwin/