[Blindmath] How useful is a GUI to blind users?

Larry Skutchan lskutchan at aph.org
Sun Jan 8 11:55:26 UTC 2012

Is it possible to use the SUN image API for the graphic presentation portions of the program and use SWT for the user controls? It doesn't seem like either way provides any accessibility advantages to the graphical drawing, manipulation, or interpretation portions of the interface, yet SWT provides accessibility to those controls that do offer clear advantages for both blind and sighted users.