[Blindmath] Homework for College Class

Jaquiss, Robert RJaquiss at nfb.org
Tue Jan 24 12:48:18 UTC 2012

Hello Lanie:

     Dr. John Gardner has authored a nice article on how to use MathType and Microsoft Word to author math. The article can be found at:
http://www.access2science.com/jagqn/WordLatex.html

The home page for Access2Science is: http://www.access2science.com
I haven't done much with Latex yet. One nice aspect of using Word and MathType is that you can get results quickly.
For example, to enter the equasion e = ir, you can use either
$e = ir$
Or
\[e = ir\]
The first example will put the equasion inline with text. The second example is a display format. You can try MathType for free for 30 days to see how you like it.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Robert

Robert Jaquiss