[Blindmath] Homework for College Class

Ben Humphreys brh at opticinspiration.org
Wed Jan 25 10:49:07 UTC 2012

No, not initially.  Your notation is probably better for the average bear.

Still, my calculus teacher had fits with trying to grade my quizzes
and exams when they were sent in text format, regardless of my goofy
// notation.instead of handwriting on paper.

I always got my stuff back a week later than everyone else and still
graded in ink, rather than comments in a text format with the
original document, requiring yet another human for translation.

This is not a criticism of my instructor - she's spent 20 years doing
things one way without a single blind student.

I guess my point is that some degree of explanation and accommodation
is going to be necessary in all cases with your instructor.  Most of
mine are happy to oblige.

The other point is that Latex is going to be distracting when working
real math problems, which is why I advocate a text-based shorthand.

Ben