[Blindmath] Extracting bitmap images from pdf files

Richard Baldwin baldwin at dickbaldwin.com
Thu Jan 26 14:08:16 UTC 2012

Hi Pranav,

Thanks for the information. However, this might be a "solution of last
resort" for us because both Amanda and I tend to stay as far away from MS
Word as possible. Fortunately, when people send docx files to me, as they
often do, I can read them in the Google viewer. I don't have anything on my
computer that will read docx files and I doubt that Amanda has anything on
her computer that will read them either.

However, it sounds like it might work without the requirement to actually
use MS Word by dealing strictly with the files and opening the docx file in
WinZip. There are dozens of sites that claim to convert pdf files to word
files, so I will take a look at some of them and give it a shot.

Dick Baldwin

--
Richard G. Baldwin (Dick Baldwin)
Home of Baldwin's on-line Java Tutorials

Professor of Computer Information Technology
Austin Community College
(512) 223-4758
mailto:Baldwin at DickBaldwin.com
http://www.austincc.edu/baldwin/