[Blindmath] Straw Poll re MathType Fature

George Bell george at techno-vision.co.uk
Thu Jul 19 12:01:47 UTC 2012

This may seem a strange question to ask here, especially since it is
aimed at sighted list members, and perhaps also those with partial
sight.

And to avoid clogging up the list, please feel free to reply direct to
me - details below.

I'd like to know if others would see a benefit in being able to have
MathType equations in say a Word document highlighted in one or two
keystrokes?  Simply a yellow background would be ideal for my purpose.

The reason I ask is that I have a great deal of Word material to proof
read which will ultimately be used to produce alternative formats,
such as braille, and indeed, using just one of MathType's many
options, into the likes of LaTeX.

A macro was written which does just that, and as a result, I have very
quickly found many input mistakes in the inputting of formulae with
MathType.

What I'd like to see is Design Science including this macro in the
shipping version of MathType, and so wonder if others would also see
benefits.

George Bell

Managing Director

Techno-Vision Systems Ltd