[Blindmath] Used Braille College Text Books

Lamborn_Michelle Lamborn_Michelle at asdk12.org
Mon Jun 18 17:08:13 UTC 2012

Hello,
We had a high school student taking a Chemistry class here and her textbook book wasn't available anywhere. APH worked with us to get her book to us and only charged us $1,000! We were surprised that a science book with so much math and tactiles could cost us so little. We asked if there was a mistake they made on the price and they told us that it cost their agency $50,000 to make the book. We were very fortunate on the price and the book was so well made! Again this title was unavailable anywhere else.
I looked at APH for the Calculus title below and there are 3 agencies that can provide that book in braille. It might be worthwhile for Tammy to get in touch with them to get a price.
Ryan, you might be interested to know that the Calculus book is listed at Cengage Learning? I know that Tammy said the publisher is Brooks Cole. I'm in no way being critical, I think it's great that you and Cengage are on this list listening to how difficult getting textbooks can be!
For the Chemistry book, I could only find it in an ebook and in audio from Learning Ally. Since it's not available in braille, Tammy could also inquire at APH. She would hopefully be as lucky as we were.
Michelle