[Blindmath] brailliant braille display and windows xp

Louis Maher ljmaher at swbell.net
Thu Mar 1 01:55:30 UTC 2012

John,

I also had good luck with JAWS 12 for xp and JAWS 13 for Windows 7.

Here are some instructions about driver loading.
----
  From: Gabe Griffith gabe.griffith at humanware.com
Hello,
I will paste your questions here and then my answers after them. Hopefully I
am able to satisfactorily answer your
questions. If not, please feel free to ask for further clarification.
1. If you were loading the Brailliant 80 on to a new Windows 7 machine,
using JAWS 12, Which files would you use, and in what order? When
would you plug in the Braille display to the computer using the USB
port?
TS: You would use the files found under the link for latest signed drivers
for JAWS
(http://www.baum.de/cms/en/support/#c367).
You would run the microsoft
certified USB drivers first, then connect the brailliant via
the USB port and run the JAWS file.
  New drivers supporting all current BAUM and Humanware Bluetooth and USB
braille displays that comply with Freedom Scientific's Digital Driver
Signing initiative have been released, so these displays will now work with
current versions of JAWS. You can get the driver at
http://www.baum.de/cms/en/support/
http://www.baum.de/cms/en/support/
---

There are a couple of other tricks concerning which Braille display to point
at in the JAWS Braille display list.  If you call, perhaps we can get it to
work.  My cell is 713-444-7838.

Regards
Louis Maher
713-444-7838