[Blindmath] Using Bookshare for math books

Lewicki, Maureen mlewicki at bcsd.neric.org
Thu Mar 8 13:52:23 UTC 2012

Does anyone use Bookshare to download math books? I have downloaded math books from Bookshare, but they are translated into literay braille, hence. The math problems themselves are often not even in the document! Literary does not have the math symbols!

If I use this textbook with a student, I think I will have to go through, and enter the problems in one at a time, and the graphics, in the geometry and charts reading units will also be involved.

The book is available in Braille already, but is exorbitant

Is there a better way?

Maureen Murphy Lewicki

The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of tiny pushes of each honest worker.
Helen Keller