[Blindmath] Using Latex-Access Jaws Script with pdf and ppt files

Birkir R. Gunnarsson birkir.gunnarsson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 13:01:08 UTC 2012

Hi

If you have MathType installed on your computer with Word, it has the
ability to transform equations created in Word's math editor to
MathType, and from there you can convert them to LaTeX, or print them
out as Nemeth or UEB Math, or export them to a webpage that can be
read with MathPlayer and IE9.
It is probably your best and cheapest ($57 for students I think), bet.
The file you receive needs to be a Word file, I think.
I have insturctions on how to do this somewhere.
hth
-B
p.s. MathType is a free 30-day trial, your teacher may want to try it
out on his computer. If he compsed the math equations directly in
MathType, you wouldn't need that convertion, and he might prefer it to
the other equation Editor.