[Blindmath] Facial recognition -- food for thought

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Wed Mar 28 23:06:15 UTC 2012

I think I agree with that in general as to the priorities and needs I have.

There is may be one thing I would say though, if there is anything I would
really want from sight, it would be to appreciate nice things (eg. beautiful
things, sunsets, art, etc), however I don't believe these synthetic sight
systems will ever give pleasure in observing them. As I have big doubts on
this being achieved and as Steve pointed out there are other ways in which I
experience pleasure and know other people's reactions, then I am more
interested in finding solutions to things which help me lead a full life.

Michael Whapples