[Blindmath] Magnified or Screenreader-magnifier enabled LaTeX editors.

Jonathan Godfrey a.j.godfrey at massey.ac.nz
Wed Nov 14 20:48:13 UTC 2012

Hi all,

One of the beauties of LaTeX is the fact that we need not confine ourselves
to a particular editor tailored to LaTex if we don't want to.

I've experimented with several standard options (all mentioned by others on
the list) but always come back to just using a plain notepad window for the
editing of my files and then using a batch file to compile the document. I
also wrote a wxPython script up to create a text editor to do many things I
wanted in an editor, but then found that almost everything I had thought to
use was already part of Texnik Center. (I enjoyed the programming experience
though!)

Once miktex is installed on a window machine, the command line becomes an
option for compiling the document. Anytime  I am told to use a command line,
I put the command into a batch file instead. I've been able to tap into some
useful resources over the years to improve the batch files approach so that
I don't need to specify the actual document names, but the simplest batch
file would have four lines in it - three of which are the same. (Just change
the argument for the commands to be the file to be processed.

pdflatex <DocumentName>
pdflatex <DocumentName>
bibtex <DocumentName>
pdflatex <DocumentName>

If you don't need the bibtex step for citations, then only the first two
lines are necessary.