[Blindmath] D Y verses Delta Y

Suzanne Germano sgermano at asu.edu
Fri Apr 5 04:30:08 UTC 2013

A google search came up with this answer for delta x and delta y vs dx and
dy

Δy/Δx denotes average rate of change in y over the interval of length Δx,
while dy/dx stands for the instantaneous rate of change as Δx approaches
zero.

The dy/dx notation is similar to that used by Leibniz, one of the founders
of Calculus.