[Blindmath] Format for boxes and whiskers

Susan Osterhaus osterhauss at tsbvi.edu
Fri Apr 26 00:23:13 UTC 2013

I'd like to direct you to the BANA "Guidelines and Standards for Tactile
Graphics, 2010" web version found at
http://www.brailleauthority.org/tg/web-manual/index.html

Unit 6 contains the Mathematical and Scientific Diagrams. 6.5.3
Box-and-Whisker Plots describes these plots in detail. Examples are found
at
http://www.brailleauthority.org/tg/web-manual/u6box-whisker-horizontal.htm
l  and
http://www.brailleauthority.org/tg/web-manual/u6box-whisker-vertical.html
Examples 7 and 8 in the Supplement are also available, but only in hard
copy, as these are "real" tactile graphics.

You can purchase a hard copy of both the guidelines and supplement from
APH.
http://shop.aph.org/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_Guidelines%20and%20S
tandards%20for%20Tactile%20Graphics,%202010_15868P_10001_11051 and
https://shop.aph.org/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_Guidelines%20and%20
Standards%20for%20Tactile%20Graphics,%202010,%20Supplement_15869P_10001_11
051

Best wishes,
Susan

Susan A Osterhaus