[Blindmath] Perspective and the blind

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Tue Dec 3 21:09:04 UTC 2013

Interesting to read your opinion.

"I assume that most blind people could learn to do this if they did it
every day for 50 years."
The question of understanding or the ability to copy. May be copy is not
quite the word I mean, but hopefully my meaning can be got. If you
encounter something enough you will observe things, but it does not mean
you understand or could explain why what you observe is the way it is.
So is he just observant and knows how to represent perspective or does
he understand it?

At the other end of the scale, one could do much calculation of
perspective and how large something at a certain distance should appear.
Let me use an example: The moon and the sun appear to be about the same
size when observed from the earth, this allows a solar eclipse to
happen. If you know the distance from the earth to the moon, the
distance from the earth to the sun and the radius of the moon, can you
calculate the radius of the sun?

"Watching this blind artist he seems to be a happy person who enjoys life."
May be really the most important thing, to enjoy life. If you enjoy what
you do, then does it really matter how you achieve it.

Michael Whapples