[Blindmath] perspective and the blind

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Tue Dec 3 21:27:00 UTC 2013

Two responses to that:
* May be my initial statement was wrongly worded, there might be things
where one needs to experience it to understand it, but why should that
be the default position for everything? What was the researchers reason
for believing that someone who had never seen would not be able to
understand perspective? It might not come intuitively, but as I
indicated in another email one can do much calculation of it and
understand an explanation as to why distant objects appear smaller.
* As for your example of understanding colour, is it a case you cannot
understand it or is it that nobody has really explained it well enough?
It may be that an explanation cannot be given because language is not
rich enough as sighted people need not normally explain that detail when
discussing with another sighted person. As someone who has seen colour,
I would not know how to explain how colours appear and equally on
recieving descriptions now I know that colour descriptions are very lacking.

Michael Whapples