[Blindmath] Braille and graphics embosser suggestions?

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Fri Dec 6 21:18:02 UTC 2013

Hello,
I will note from the beginning that I do work forViewPlus, but I did get
my Tiger Cub JR. before I started working for ViewPlus (in fact well
before I had any idea I would be working for them).

Probably one of the things I like most about my Tiger Cub JR. is that I
can use it from any windows software which can output to a printer. This
means I have been able to produce tactile graphics from the application
of my choice. I know that Ron has sent an email to the list saying about
support for SVG, but as the tiger is used like any other printer I could
use it with any format for creating graphics.

As all the ViewPlus embossers support tactile graphics and appear like
any standard printer to applications, I will let the sales people at
ViewPlus help you choose the most suitable if you decide on a ViewPlus
embosser. I am on the software side and so have had little experience of
the EmBralle's capabilities (the output I saw from it was on a
development model).

Michael Whapples