[Blindmath] Reading graphs and diagrams with sound

Louis Maher ljmaher at swbell.net
Fri Jan 4 10:09:47 UTC 2013

Hello Ruchi,

There is a company, named Sensational Books, which makes a $30 drawing
tablet.  You can take a standard 8.5 X 11 inch sheet of paper, and sketch
drawings, with a ballpoint pen, that a totally blind person can feel.  You
just hold the pin at a 45 degree angle to the vertical, and almost instantly
you have a sketch that a blind individual can feel.

People learn through simple diagrams, and this is the quickest, simplest,
and cheapest tool that I have found.

sensational blackboards
Sensational Books
P.O. Box 261085