[Blindmath] Reading graphs and diagrams with sound

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Fri Jan 4 10:28:04 UTC 2013

I also agree that sometimes simple solutions are the best.

Also in the learning process its sometimes better to do things manually
then one understands how the graph is created, not just how one uses a
software tool to generate a certain chart. I know similar approaches are
taken for other things (eg. when I was taught statistics I was taught
how to calculate standard deviation for a set of numbers, although
calculators have features for doing this for you).

Also I personally feel that as normally a tactile version of the diagram
relates closer to the visual chart someone would have, it can make it
easier for communicating ideas relating to the chart.

Once an understanding of the basics is mastered then using computers may
help, but at least one understands what is going on and possibly will
pick up when the computer gets it wrong.

Michael Whapples