[Blindmath] Working of the device.

Kiran Kiran at persiontechnologies.com
Sun Jan 20 06:26:47 UTC 2013

Dear Amanda,

I shall explain how the device works. The device has 20 columns and 16 rows of tactile plungers those act as input points. For description purpose I shall scale it to a regular 4 / 4 matrix of keys that we used to have on mobile device. So the keys would be numbered like 1 2 3 in the first row
Followed by 4 5 6, in second row followed by 7 8 9 in third row.

Now say if we want to draw a rectangle 30 by 10 cm in the word file. Here is what we need to do.

1. Select the shape rectangle from the control panel, the user can feel the shape himself as there is a 3d shape on the panel.

2. To draw a rectangle we need 4 input points. So I press the number 1 key. I scale the distance from one key to other as say 10 cm. now I can go to the key no 3 as they are in the same row and I can feel them in a straight line. So I go to the key no 3 and press it.

3. Then I follow down from key no 3 to key no 6, since 3 and 6 key are in the same colum, and press 6, that means now I have pressed three keys they are 1,3,6.

4. Again I slide my finger on to the row of key 6 and come until key no 4. Since key no 1 and 4 are in the same colum, and I press it.

That means I have pressed 1,3,6,4.  Keys, kindly note that 1 & 3 are in same row similarly 6,4 are in the same row.

So I am myself drawing the shape, then the associated software shall input the diagram of a rectangle in any of the application you chose.

The device has 320 plungers that are lined up in 20 columns and 16 keys so the user has a wide array of plungers that help him in drawing all the possible shapes and the software shall assist him in all stages.

Kiran S Deshpande

DISCLAIMER:-

This e-mail message (including any attachment) is intended only for the personal use of the recipient(s) named above. This message is confidential and may be legally privileged.  If you are not an intended recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and delete the original message.

Any views or opinions expressed in this message are those of the author only. Furthermore, this message (including any attachment) does not create any legally binding rights or obligations whatsoever, which may only be created by the exchange of hard copy documents signed by a duly authorized representative of the company If Official or other wise signed by the Author on Valid Documents.